Thursday, January 20, 2011
UNIVERSITY OF MINDANAO MAROONS VS. ATENEO DE DAVAO BLUE EAGLES REUNION CHESS MATCH SET ON FEBRUARY 5, 2011
( NCR- South represented by Adamson University featuring Chris Palma on board 1 vs. Eastern Mindanao represented by University of Mindanao with Jong Guevarra Jr. playing on board 1 in 3rd round action in the 1992 National PRISAA games chess tourney. Nofre Reyes is on 4th board)
Afer almost 20 years, the core members of the 1992 U.M Maroons varsity team will battle it out against their counterpart the Ateneo De Davao Blue Eagles varsity selection in a reunion chess match set on February 5, 2011. The goodwill match will be a single round schevenigen system whereby each player play all the players of the oposing team once.
The Players for Ateneo:
( Nap in Singapore )
1. NAPOLEON C. RECOSOSA- An engineer by profession. Ateneo BS Civil Engineering batch of 2001. On vacation from his work in Singapore. Placed among the top ten in the Far East Bank Region XI chess tourney in the 1990's.
[Chris Yap (in polo shirt ) vs. Adrian Llanos ]
2. CHRIS YAP - An accountant by profession. Is now the manager of One Network Bank Toril Branch. Plays on-line chess at chess.com.
(James in action vs. Bembem Quiñonez in the recently held Blue Jazz tourney)
3. JAMES INFIESTO- One of the sought after host/entertainer of Davao City. Is the chess coordinator of NCFP for Region XI and the deputy head of the Davao Sports Office.
The players for UM:
[Anthony Mosqueda vs. Atty. Jong Guevarra (with hat).
1. ATTY. JONG GUEVARRA JR. - A practising lawyer by profession. Two time U.M champion.
( Erwin Tubog vs. Nofre Reyes )
2. NOFRE REYES- A former member of the Davao City team to the National inter-cities.
( Alfred Moulic officiating the DCAA competition)
3. ALFRED MOULIC- A noted chess arbiter/organizer/tutor of Davao City.