Thursday, June 25, 2009

THEME SONG FOR THE CHESS PATZER


( Caissa's Father vs. Chris Yap of One Network Bank in action during the 1st Cong. Ungab Cup Toril Team Championships.

As usual, I blundered my way..)


The lyrics to this song was provided by Sugardom, the acknowledged Supremo of the Barangay Wesley So page at Chessgames.com. Every time you play a friendly chess game and losing, just sing this song to mitigate your misery.

( To the tune of My Way, by Frank Sinatra, Lyrics by Sugardom of BWS )


I Blundered (My Way)


And now, the end is near;
And so I face my last opponent
My friend, Ill say it clear,
Ill lose my game, of which Im certain.


Ive played a game thats full.
Ive blundered each and evry give-away;
And more, much more than this,
I blundered my way.


Regrets, Ive had so much;
But then again, too much to mention.
I did what I had to do
And blundered through without exemption.


I planned each charted course;
Each careful move along the hallway,
But more, much more than this,
I blundered my way.


Yes, there were times, Im sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate a rook and spit it out.
I faced them all and I stood tall;
And blundered my way.


Ive played, Ive laughed and cried.
Ive had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.


To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
No, oh no not me,
I blundered my way.


For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To play the moves he truly feels;
And not the moves of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And blundered my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment