Saturday, March 14, 2009

What's in the name?

March 15, 2009

I titled this blog Caissa's father as my eldest daughter is named, guess who?
CAISSA JANE.To those un-iniated, Caissa is the goddess of CHESS and being a self-
confessed chess addict I decided to name my child in her honor. Caissa Jane is now 9
years old and just the other day was recognized as the first honor in her grade III
class together with my younger daughter FLORENCE FAITH 7 years old, who was
also adjudged as the first honor in her grade 1 class. I taught my daughters how to
play chess during their early years hoping that they will follow my footsteps and
surpassed my modest chess achievements. Florence Faith was even adjudged as the
youngest participant at 5 years old and was given a special award during the 2006
Southern Mindanao leg of the Shell Youth Active Chess Championships.

In this blog chess will be the priority of my discussion specially in the local
scene, but I will also be writing about my family, politics and entertainment. That's
all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment